We’re always looking for talented, motivated professionals to add to our team. Apply here and send us your resume. We will keep it on file for future consideration.
Senior Accountant (Washington, D.C.)
The Senior Accountant will oversee accounting and reporting, general ledger reconciliation, and accounting policy development; computes and prepares data for journal entries, general ledger, and related financial statements; oversees all accounting functions. This position reports to the Controller.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintaining accounting ledgers and preparing reconciliations and journal entries monthly, quarterly, and yearly.
- Ensure general ledger transactions and account reconciliation have the proper classification, accuracy, and completeness
- Document business processes and data flows, identifying key control points
- Accountable for recording newly acquired assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation and amortization, and accounting for the acquisition and disposition of fixed assets.
- Ensure reconciliations are completed based on the end-of-month close calendar timeline.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating roll forward schedules (e.g. notes payable, fixed assets, retained earnings, etc.) by the specified month, quarter-end, and year-end deadlines.
- Recommend modifications to accounting systems, controls, and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prepare JV audited financial statements and footnotes disclosures in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Provide support to external audit and tax activities, including preparation of audit schedules and related footnotes
- Assist Property Managers in preparing and monitoring the annual property budget through variance and leakage analysis in comparison to revenue goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business field
- 3+ years of financial reporting preparation experience, including 2-3 years of public accounting experience
- CPA preferred but not required
- Detailed and results-oriented and able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, proactive, quick learner with a desire to improve processes and drive efficiencies
- Adaptive in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment, with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills