We’re always looking for talented, motivated professionals to add to our team. Apply here and send us your resume. We will keep it on file for future consideration.
We're always looking for talented professionals
Senior Finance Associate
Position Title: Senior Finance Associate
Location: Washington, DC
General Summary: The Senior Finance Associate will work with the Finance / Asset Management and Acquisitions teams to provide analytical support for ongoing and new development projects in addition to working across many other business activities including corporate finance, asset management and funding initiatives. These efforts will be based upon a multitude of product types including office, multi-family rental, condominiums, retail, and hospitality. The Senior Finance Associate will report to the Senior Vice President of Asset Management & Finance and will be expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Work with Development leads to create and maintain project pro forms and financial reporting.
- Address ad hoc cash flow and strategy requests from financial, internal, and investment partners.
- Interface with leasing brokers and tenants (retail and office ) to address both financial and real estate related needs.
- Create quarterly asset management updates.
- Create and implement legal agreements, loans, and associated documentation.
- Coordinate and interface with equity, debt, and other interested project parties.
- Assist in property management and marketing efforts.
- Provide relevant financial information to executive management team.
- Underwrite acquisitions opportunities in support of the business pipeline.
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Underwriting and Finance—Understands real estate legal agreements including but not limited to leases, partnership agreements, loans, etc.; Analyze financial statements to determine operating trends and viability of businesses.
- Business Acumen–Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Motivation–Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Adaptability–Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Change’s approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate, Economics, or similar required.
- Two to Five years of related experience required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hoffman & Associates endeavors to foster a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, and provides equal opportunity in all our employment practices to all qualified Employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, languages spoken, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital and family status, military status, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws and dictated by human decency.